Thursday, August 23, 2018

How Do I Start? My Journey Into The World of Ownership



How do I start?

Yes, that was my first question when I went into the world of business. I never looked at myself as a real estate salesperson. I saw myself as a business owner. I was working on commission. That means that I would only eat if I produced.

As a young father, I knew that I didn't have the option to fail. I knew that I had to be a success. It wasn't because I wanted a nice car, or money to hang out with my friends. I needed to do things right so that my son would not feel the pinch of his father's failure, or worse, so that my son would not be disappointed in me.

Now I know what you may be thinking. Is this going to be another story about how I made it despite all the odds? No! This is a post about what I did to get started. This is a post about what I wanted to accomplish and the steps I took in the very beginning to set off on my journey. This is a post about getting started.

First let's look at the vehicle I chose. Like anything else, we must choose our vehicle wisely. While most vehicles are useful forms of transportation from point A to point B, chances are that the wrong vehicle will stop you from getting to where you want to go rather than help you get there. What do I mean? Well, a luxury car is a great vehicle, but if you want to travel the Greek islands, you are not going to jump into a Mercedes S550 and travel through the Mediterranean Sea in one. The same is true in the other direction. The Abeking and Rasmussen EXCELLENCE V is an excellent luxury yacht but I would be a fool to try to get across the United States, from New York City to California via land on one.

I knew I chose the right vehicle once I got into the real estate world. I had a real interest in this. I wanted to learn more and more each day and wanted to grow a business that my family could be proud of. But where would I start? That was the big question.

So I decided to seek field knowledge. I sought out industry experts and studied them to see what it was they were doing to be so successful. I started doing research. But most importantly, I found a mentor and checked my pride at the door. I humbled myself and admitted that I was not competent in the field yet. I admitted that I need to be like a sponge and absorb as much knowledge as possible. I found a mentor I resonated with and went into it with faith.

So where do we get started? Whether it is real estate, the arts, investing, retail, the culinary arts, or anything else, if you are going to go into business for yourself, you must find successful people, surround yourself with them, follow their footprints and learn as much as you can so that you don't make the mistakes the quitters made. Find winners and learn from them.

How do I start? I start by starting. I take the first step and go for it. I make a real commitment to my success. I decide that no matter what, I am going to work harder for this than I've worked for anything else, and I push through all the negativity to find positive role models to help me along the way. I start by taking the first step and only look back to celebrate how far I've come.

Go out there, get started and build your own future. Take control of your destiny. Be the winner you were created to be. I believe I was created to be a winner. Do you? I believe I was created to revolutionize the real estate industry. You don't have to believe this exact same thing, but you must believe that you were created to be great!

If you would like a career in real estate, please feel free to reach out to me or my partners to see if we are a good fit for each other. Let us help you build a greater and more successful you.

George L. Rosario
Real Estate Salesperson
NYC's Hometown Realtor
In The Greater NYC Area

Phone: 347-671-7653
Mobile: 917-945-4211
My Website
Company Website

Videos: http://bit.ly/E-N-G-Videos

#glrosario #success #mindset


***Feel free to Google, Bing or Yahoo my full name, "George L. Rosario". I'm easy to find.***

No comments:

Post a Comment